Rescue Grocer works with Manufacturers, Wholesalers and Distributors to reduce wastage by rescuing products that could have landed up in the landfills. Such products are usually rejected by the conventional retailers due to the following reason
- Soon to Expire – Products are near to their Best Before or Use by date
- Overstocks – Over production of goods due to misalignment of demand and supply needs
- Past Season – Products packaged or designed for a particular season such as Christmas or Chinese New Year
- Tainted Packaging – Products with damaged outer packaging or stained label but content is in perfect condition
- Discontinued – Products or Brand discontinued by supplier or manufacturer
- Brand Refresh – Products undergoing brand or label refresh, therefore suppliers are clearing products with older packaging
Terms like "best before" and "better if used by/before" are freshness dates. It tells you how long the product will be at its best flavor and quality. Baked goods, cereals, snacks, frozen entrees and some canned food will have freshness dating. The food is safe to eat after this date. Though, that three-year-old candy bar might taste stale, have an odd flavor or be chewier than normal.
Perishable food like meat, yogurt and eggs often have a "use by" date. If properly stored, you have a one-week grace period to use up the product. Use-by dates on yeast or refrigerated dough indicate how long the product will retain its rising power. Discard infant formula past its "use by" date as the nutritional value may be compromised.
"Sell by" dates on poultry, fish, meat, bread and dairy products tell the store how long to display the product for sale. Although the store should pull a product after the "sell by" date has passed, it is legal to sell the food after this date.
To enter a promo code during the payment stage of the checkout process. Simply enter the code, followed by the 'Enter' button on the right. Once the code has been successfully redeemed, the total amount will be updated. If there are any issues, you will see a small red box explaining the issue.
You can choose to pay with the following options
- American Express
We could have mark up our pricing to include the traditional so called “Free Delivery” however Rescue Grocer has chosen to bare it all and pass the saving to our customers.
Therefore we charge a minimum delivery fee of $4.90 for any basket size. If you require an Urgent Next Business Day Delivery, you may select the option under " Urgent Next Business Day Delivery". The delivery fee will be $10 for any basket size. On the other hand, Rescue Grocer also offer a self pick up option at our warehouse. You may select this option upon check out of your purchases.
Do watch out for our occasional Free or Reduced Basket Size Delivery promotions.